One of my most favorite daily rituals since we've been in Germany may be surprising (although as much as food makes an appearance on this blog, it probably won't be that surprising...). Each morning, regardless of what else I have for breakfast, I always (seriously, every day) eat one of these beauties:
A bretzel roll!
Bretzels (soft pretzels) are extremely popular here. You can find them anywhere and everywhere. Generally they're served in the more traditional looking pretzel form, but a lot of times you can find the smaller (and cuter) bretzel rolls which quickly became my favorite. Breztels and bretzel rolls in Germany have a much richer, flavorful taste than the soft pretzels we're used to in the States. Early on in my breztel roll devotion, I started pairing my daily breztel roll with this dynamite find:
Kräuter (herb) cream cheese!
Match made in culinary heaven.
Since I will probably go through some sort of bretzel roll withdrawal after I leave Germany, I've already found a (hopefully) good recipe.
What is your favorite daily ritual??
3 comments:
my favorite daily ritual? c'mom now--reading your blog!
(that was way too easy...)
I wake up when my daughters wake me up. We come downstairs, change diapers if we remember, get alexa a juicebox and hanna a bottle and sit down to watch a show that we have watched 15 times before. (Which show depends on what is the current favorite - Toy Store, the Jungle Book, Thomas, Mickey, Imagination Movers, etc).
Love that combo!!!
Post a Comment